Email us to get more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits for Volunteers
Becoming a volunteer with the CentralARTRN provides you with a number of opportunities.
Volunteers receive training in the neurobiology of traumatic stress, methods for stabilization and effective post-disaster treatment, techniques for working collaboratively with disaster response teams, and Early EMDR Interventions (EEIs) that can be used within hours, days or weeks of a traumatic event.
All volunteers will be provided training for suicide intervention that can be used both within the TRN and throughout the course of everyday life.
The skills learned through the TRN can be used to increase the effectiveness of the therapist's work within his/her own practice or agency.
Additionally, the feeling of pride that comes from working with a cohesive team to help other Arkansans in their time of crisis simply can't be measured.
Requirements for TRN Therapists
In order to be a volunteer with the CentralARTRN and provide pro bono treatment, clinicians must meet the following criteria:
You must have completed EMDRIA Approved EMDR Basic Training with the 10 hours of Consultation.
R-TEP training is recommended.
You must attend the following Early EMDR intervention training courses before you can do onsite group work:
Building a Team: CentralARTRN Ready and Prepared for Disaster
You must be a licensed therapist in the state of Arkansas and carry up-to-date malpractice insurance.
We suggest that you should have completed at least 100 hours of direct EMDR clinical work.
You must be willing to use all appropriate CentralARTRN forms and assist in the collection of research data.
How to Join The Central AR Recovery Network (CentralARTRN)
Become a Volunteer EMDR Clinician capable of working with Victims of Disasters in the Central AR area, other areas in AR, the U.S. and the World
Please use a PC or laptop for the following steps instead of a phone
1. Go to www.emdrhap.org
2. Click on the VOLUNTEERS & click on CREATE VOLUNTEER ACCOUNT.
3. Identify your username & password.
4. Complete the volunteer application in its entirety.
5. At the end of the application, you will select a TRN. Select CenrtaARTRN.
6. Fill out the Volunteer Form.
7. Send Proof of your EMDR Approved Basic Training & completion of 10 Consultation Hours, Proof of Licensure & Mal-Practice Coverage, and your volunteer form to email@example.com.
8. You will receive an email from the CentralARTRN Steering Committee verifying that your membership has been approved.
We look forward to working with you & want to thank you for
your commitment to helping those in crisis.
How to Become a Volunteer for a Non-Clinical Position
1. Fill out the Volunteer Form.
2. Sign the paperwork to allow a background check.
3. Send in the proper paperwork with a $25.00 check to process the background check.
4. After you have submitted your Application for a Background Check, please notify the CentralARTRN Coordinator. Please notify the CentralARTRN Coordinator a second time after you obtain the results of your Background Check and furnish your results for review.
CentralARTRN Volunteer Information Form
(For Therapists Only)
CentralARTRN Arkansas Background Check Form
(For non-clinical volunteers only)
Click to Download MS Word Format
Click to Download Adobe Acrobat Format